CONTRIBUTIONS . page. 1.

This selection of photographs and their copyright belong to Mr Bernard Seed.

Bernard, a former resident of Low Moor, now living in Nottinghamshire, took the colour pictures using Kodachrome film in about 1953.

[Image]

1.Looking along Brighouse Road.

Short Row to the right. Holy Trinity Church

in the background.

[Image]

2.From steelworks towards Holy Trinity

Church. Cleckheaton Road runs centrally

across picture.

[Image]

3.Towards Wesley Place. All foreground

now occupied by Ciba Chemicals.

[Image]

4. Old mine in Wyke Lane near to Wilson

Road junction.

[Image]

5.Central chimney belonged to B.D.A.

in Wilson Road. Again all foreground now

Ciba Chemicals

[Image]

6.End of Chapel Road near to Cleckheaton

Road junction. Sal Royd estate now where

new stucture is.

[Image]

 7.Wesley Place Chapel, now demolished and

houses in Cleckheaton Road. Foreground now

all Ciba Chemical works.

[Image]

8.Holy Trinity Church choir around 1950,

with the vicar Rev.A.W. Price.

[Image]

9.General Low Moor view from Manor Row

area. Steelworks are in middle distance.